Your transmission system is one of the most important components of your vehicle. This essential system needs to be taken care of in order for your car to drive and remain in excellent shape. When your transmission starts to show signs of trouble, you need to have it diagnosed and repaired as soon as humanly possible. We offer specialized repairs for all types of transmission systems whether it’s automatic, manual, or semi-automatic.
If you run into transmission issues, you need an auto repair facility you can trust. At Urb’s Garage, we provide you with affordable, reliable transmission repair services so you can have peace of mind. Our certified technicians will work long and hard until your transmission is operating the way it should, regardless of how intense the damage may be. If we determine that your transmission can’t be repaired, we’ll be sure to replace it with a new transmission system as soon as possible. There is no job too large or small for our facility to handle, and we take every single job seriously.
Pinpointing Transmission Issues
Before you panic, here are a few things you should be aware of that may indicate you have a transmission problem:
- If your vehicle is making a whining sound or a clunking noise, it’s time to bring it in for a transmission inspection. If you notice a strange humming or buzzing sound when you drive, it’s an indication of a serious transmission issue.
- If your car seems to have a delayed response when you switch gears, it could indicate that there’s a problem with your transmission.
- A burning smell could be transmission-related, but it could also be related to a wide variety of other engine troubles. Either way, you should have your vehicle diagnosed ASAP if you notice a burning smell.
- Leaky transmission fluid can cause serious issues with your vehicle. You can check for fluid leaks by laying down some cardboard underneath your vehicle and checking it for any liquids every few hours.
- If you feel a grinding of the gears with a manual transmission, you could have a worn-out clutch that needs to be replaced. Grinding gears can be the symptom of a larger problem, so it should be investigated as soon as possible.
- When your car is in neutral, it should be quiet. But if you notice a bumping sound whenever you’re in neutral, this could be the result of leaking transmission fluid.
If you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, be sure to bring your vehicle in as soon as you can so we can determine whether it’s your transmission or another problem and get things repaired so you can get back on the road safely.
For your automotive repair, service, and collision needs, visit Urb’s Garage and Collision Center in Burlington, KY or give us a call at 859-534-9777 and visit us online to schedule your appointment today!